Friday, February 04, 2011

{Postage Stamps}

# 8 on my life list while I’m 25 is to use at least 25 stamps. I’m going to be honest, I haven’t been counting for the last 8 months.. Which means I need to start now… On the front page of yahoo this morning was a cool article (if you’re a nerd like me you’ll find it cool  ) regarding US Mail. Here are a couple tips that I didn’t know or forget when I mail something…


Remember this on Valentine’s Day: It takes our machines longer to read addresses on red envelopes (especially if they’re written in colored ink).

Media Mail is a bargain, but most of you don’t know to ask for it. Sending ten pounds of books from New York City to San Francisco through Media Mail costs $5.89, compared with $16.77 for Parcel Post. Besides books, use it to send magazines, manuscripts, DVDs, and CDs; just don’t include anything else in the package.

Use a ballpoint pen. Ink from those felt tips runs in the rain.

Source:

13 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...