Friday, January 04, 2008

If money was not obstacle- Part 1

You get a call from a lawyer, your uncle passed away and you have been written into his will. Upon meeting with lawyer you find out that your uncle is very rich. He had no spouse, no children, and he has left you a large sum of money, 50 Million dollars. There are a couple stipulations for receiving this money.
1) You must start doing something that you love
2) Make a list of 20 things that you have always wanted to do. And start doing them
I think if I was really in this situation I would be able to make this decision better, there would be the excitement and pressure of the pending decision.

Question (1)
Even if I had 50 million dollars, I would still finish school. I understand that value of getting an education. I think I would invest money in property and start the business of opening our tea restaurant. There have been times in my life where I thought I needed to conquer the world, have a powerful position and be looked upon as important. I think there is that longing in everyone, in some form or another. In recent years and months, I have had a values shift. I no longer see the need for great esteem and power. The best days for me are the days that we go to tea. I would like to live my like in this way.
Question (2)
20 things I have always wanted to do:
1. Travel. (This response could take up all twenty, so I have made a sub-list of the place that I would want to travel.) (In no particular order)
a. Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
b. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
c. Berlin & Munich, Germany
d. Dublin, Ireland
e. London, England
f. Bangkok, Thailand
g. Shanghai & Hong Kong, China
h. Sydney, Australia
i. Barcelona & Madrid, Spain
j. Paris, France
k. Bangkok, Thailand
l. Prague, Czech Republic
m. Istanbul, Turkey
n. Amsterdam, Netherlands
o. Budapest, Hungary
p. Maine
q. Florida
r. Chicago, Illinois
s. Portland, Oregon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...