Tuesday, June 09, 2009

{My Graduate School}


Seth Godin's Blog had an interesting post today. "Graduate school for unemployed college students". I am employeed (THANKFULLY!!) but at this time I have chosen not to pursure a graduate degree. However the concept of continuing to learn and acquire new skills after your under-grad is a worthwhile/great idea! I have gone over his list and created a list of my own.


  1. Spend twenty hours a week running a project for a non-profit. (Which has really turned out to be @ Mrs. B's Tea Parlor
  2. Teach yourself Java, HTML, Flash, PHP and SQL. (I have started to design websites for small businesses)
  3. Volunteer to coach or assistant coach a kids sports team. (I might volunteer for Jr High Ministry again)
  4. Start, run and grow an online community. (I have started the online following for Mrs. B's Tea)
  5. Give a speech a week to local organizations. (This might end up being training/information talks on social/ viral marketing and Value add- marketing)
  6. Write a regular newsletter or blog about an industry you care about. (See http://www.mrsbsteaparlor.com/)
  7. Learn a foreign language fluently. (I think it would be helpful to start taking a spanish class)
  8. Write three detailed business plans for projects in the industry you care about. ( I wrote a business plan for Mrs. B's)
  9. Self-publish a book. (Interesting! Might have to start on this one)
  10. Run a marathon. (I wish- maybe not a marathon, but start getting in shape!)

I will have to think on this and add to the list!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...