I think I need a vacation!
At time to:
Not answer the phone
Not be available- all the time
Marta Writes posted something great on this and I have linked her original post here, but copy/pasted below with my thoughts for a at home vacation!
Pick a county or theme for your travels… Let’s do Beach/Tropical!
Here are some fun steps ideas to vacation at home.
• Again, do your research. On the places you can’t go. Find out about the culture, the food, everything. Learn about all the sights to see. Watch documentaries from the library.
• Cancel the newspaper, Hold the Mail and Turn off the computer. This way you can be apart from the local world (YES!)
• Splurge: If I were to “travel” to the beach, I would buy some beach clothes and some suntan lotion.
• Go grocery shopping: Browse the ethnic food aisle for anything else that looks fun. Get some stuff to make beach drinks.
• Find local restaurants that might have “beach/tropical” food or have that theme. Some place you wouldn’t usually go!
• Do your research on places you can go and sightsee: Pretend you have family in from out of town, where would you take them? Large swimming pools in the area, a lake that is close?
• Make your home a hotel. Make the beds and place a chocolate on the comforter, place travel sized shampoo in the showers. Room service is a fun idea; you order food in for a night.